Sunday, May 23, 2010

Meatless Mondays...

I have a confession.
Since I decided to commit to Meatless Mondays, I have not had a single Meatless Monday. I have reasons, but nonetheless it has been harder than I had originally thought it would be.
The first Monday of this new effort, I was moving all my stuff into storage and the group of people that I recruited to help me move and I collectively decided to stop at Subway for lunch. I didnt realize that it was supposed to be a Meatless Monday until after I had already paid for my delicious Italian BMT sandwhich.
Last Monday was the first day of my new job. I was determined to make it a Meatless Monday. For lunch, our supervisors took all of us newbies out to lunch. The restuarant was a Tex-Mex place ( I love New Mexican food and Tex-Mex falls short, and I quickly learned that the farther north you travel in Texas the worse it is. I actually miss the Tex-Mex of Austin!) So after looking at the "quick lunch" menu I decide to try the "Cheese and Onion enchiladas with a red chile sauce". Sounds tasty! When I get my lunch I find, much to my disappointment, that the red chile sauce has meat in it. Texas, chili sauce. Not even spicy. My fellow New Mexicans, can you feel my pain??? Being that it was my first day at my new job and I was sitting with 8 other people at the table, I didnt want to send my food back and make a fuss about it because Im not even a vegetarian, I just want to be meatless on mondays. I just ate the food for lunch and then helped myself to a veggie burger with mushrooms, onions, and green chile for dinner.
Now tomorrow will be the start of my second week of work at my new job. My training group has to attend a flight class and we were informed that lunch will be provided. My guess is that this lunch will not be vegetarian. After discussion and suggestions from my bro-in-law and sister (who happen to be my encouraging roomies) I have decided to try Meatless Wednesdays for a few weeks. Hopefully by Wednesday I will have my act together and will be able to plan accordingly to eat vegetarian all day, and it will be a group effort with Mike and Nikki, my sis and bro-in-law.

WISH ME LUCK!


Much Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment